April 9, 2010

Who Am I

Who am I to question you? I never
dared before, but it's a sleepless hour
and embraced by the high still light of
morning, questions rise to the surface
unbidden, like the tiny bubbles on a
remote woodland stream, emanations
from a mind that is sometimes very
small and sometimes much afraid.

There are times when shadows are
more real than the objects which cast
them, and this is one of those times.
I've traveled long and wide within this
bewildering country that is myself but
it's a realm I have yet to understand.

And so, I cast these thoughts in offering,
upward to the early moon in her radiance,
the star spangled deeps, the geese in
singing flights back to their slumbering
cornfields, trusting there are no boundaries
between here and not here, that in this
moment, All are a sacred oneness.